Can a hydocele make it difficult to reach orgasm and prevent ejaculation?

Question
Can a hydocele make it difficult to reach orgasm, and prevent ejaculation?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 53 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Considering your age of 59 yrs when the Hydrocoele started - it has occurred most commonly due to reasons of collection of fluid/blood in the spermatic cord or an inflammation post injury.

Either case, it would need evaluation with a specialist surgeon for assessment and possible treatment options like aspiration, sclerotherapy and surgery.

The loss of ejaculation may be due to direct consequence of the above condition as the sperms from the testicles fail to travel inside the spermatic cord to the penis and outside due to the block due to the accumulated fluid and inflammation in the region of epididymis and surrounding areas depending in your case which I cannot pinpoint without an examination.

Hydrocoeles need to be treated promptly. 10 years is a long time in case you have not been evaluated - as you have not mentioned your treatment history in this respect.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.