Can a 15 yrs old girl can increase height naturally or by medicine without any side effects?

Pediatrician
Question
can a 15 yrs old girl can increase his height naturaly or by medicine without any side effects.if yes, name and address of doctor with details in mumbai.
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Growth and Development in Children

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 29 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

The final height of an individual depends on a number of factors:
1. Parental heights (gene).
2. Nutrition.
3. Freedom from illness.
4. Environment.
5. Exercise.
Depending your growth so far some prediction of your final height can be made by the examining doctor. A proper balance in the above mentioned factors is very essential for the growth which shall continue beyond 18 years of age and finally ceases by 21 years of age.

Though people make huge claims of increasing height by various methods but they are not corroborted or time tested and hence one should not fall prey to them.

Growth hormone does increase growth but its use is under strict endocrinal control and should not be used indiscrimentaly.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Can a 15 yrs old girl can increase height naturally or by medicine without any side effects? 3 hours later
Growth hormone does increase growth but its use is under strict endocrinal control and should not be used indiscrimentaly.clarification this and suggest any doctor in mumbai.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

Growth hormone is used to induce growth where there is deficiency of growth hormone. It is an injectible therapy and is given after monitoring all the hormonal levels and is done under an expert supervision of an endocrinologist and in large institutional hospitals.

This is not a therapy to be used to increase height in a normal individual in which it can cause more complications then benefits.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Rajiv