Can UA be passed if marijuana has been smoked during pregnancy?

Hello, I am 25 years old female and 14 weeks pregnant. I smoked a few hits of pot daily for about 3 weeks. I have not smoked in 13 days and will I pass ua tomorrow?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: result unknown Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query First of all, while there risks of using marijuana during pregnancy are not clearly understood, it is the general consensus of medical professionals that one should not use marijuana during pregnancy because of potential effects on your baby and on your pregnancy. So it is great that you stopped using. As far as the urine test that you will take tomorrow, it is difficult to know for sure. That is because it is highly dependent on many factors including your body weight, the amount that you used, and other important factors. Fortunately for you, pregnant women have a higher urine output, and their kidneys have a higher filtration rate, so it is possible that you have already cleared the marijuana from your system, but you can't know for sure. For heavy users, it can take 4-6 weeks or more to get rid of the marijuana and have a clean urine test, while someone who only used a little bit might be clean in a week or so. So it is possible that you will pass the test, but it is difficult to know for sure. If you want to, you can buy an over the counter test for yourself and check on your own to see if it shows up, at least you will get an idea of what to expect tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck and a healthy pregnancy! I hope this was helpful, if you have any more questions, please let me know.