Can Sudafed and Bisoprolol be taken together?

Can I take Sudafed and my blood pressure medicate(bisoprolol-HCTZ) together?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blood pressure needs to be monitored Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Sudafed and bisoprolol/HCTZ combination can be taken however once must monitor blood pressure twice daily as it is known to cause reduced effectiveness of blood pressure drugs. Rarely it can cause arrhythmia ( irregular heart beat) as well. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards