Can NSAID be taken daily to prevent shoulder inflammation due to arthritis?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have arthritis in my shoulder which was broken some years ago. Should I take an NSAID daily to prevent further inflammation or only when it is painful?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take NSAID only when it is painful. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. You should take NSAID only when it is painful. Do regular physiotherapy exercises. Take diet rich in calcium and vit D. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care