Can I use a sauna if I take medication for high blood pressure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
can l use a sanua if l take meds for high blood perssure
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Sauna is not recommended for people with untreated hypertension. If your blood pressure is well controlled with medicines then you can take sauna.
Be careful and use sauna for 20 minutes or less. Drinking several glasses of water after a sauna is important, since the average sauna user loses a pint of sweat during a sauna session.
Saunas should never be used alone, while or after drinking alcohol or using drugs or when ill. Do remember to take your medicines regularly.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.