Can I take folitrax for arthritis. Is this curable disease?

if the arthritis can be treated by taking folitrax or otherwise what is the treatment. Can it be totally cured. Is there any side effects of Folitrax...???
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 3 hours later

No, arthritis cannot be totally cured. However if you take proper treatment and treat disease early, then the disease may go into remission and a person may be completely well on minimal or no medication.

Treatment is basically with drugs called DMARDs like methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine.

Side effects of folitrax are usually minimal at the doses given in arthritis. Symptoms like nausea, glossitis and mucositis can be seen. These are much less than the side effects which may be incurred with pain killers like liver and kidney problems.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Can I take folitrax for arthritis. Is this curable disease? 3 hours later
in this case what is the treatment suggested by you. is medicine presently taken is correct
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 1 hour later
If you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis then the present therapy is inadequate.

Generally, methotrexate is the main stay of treatment with sazo sometimes if required.

Steroids, we try to taper and stop as soon as possible because of multiple side effects.