Can I take double the dosage of keppra for partial complex seizures after skipping a dosage last night?
User rating for this question
My son has just started taking Keppra XR TABLETS 500 mg twice daily at bedtime. He forgot last night so took both pills today about noon. Should he take two more tonight before going to bed about 1 or 2 a.m. Or just skip dose and take two tomorrow night ? He has only been on them for a few days after having several partial complex seizures in one day about four days ago.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: He should start fresh from next day. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Keppra XR i,e Levetiracetam tablet is an anti-epileptic drug and used to treat partial onset seizures in adults and children who are at least 4 years old. It should be taken around the same time every day,but if your son has missed it and taken it on the next day about noon then night dose on that day should be skipped and he should start freshly from the next day as prescribed by the physician. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Steroid injections for shoulder pain
- How does vascular dementia progress
- Final stages of parkinson's dementia
- Epilepsy complex partial seizures
- Taking keppra for nocturnal seizures is there a permanent cure
- Surgery for complex partial seizures
- Elavil dosage for nerve pain
- How to cure nerve pain
- Sharp pain from a wound
- Can i take keppra for seizures ?
- Cancer of the prostate gland
- Stomach pains and drug addiction
- Are complex partial seizures dangerous
- How to sharpen your brain
- Shingles facial nerve pain distribution