Can I take daily supplements along with antibiotics for strep throat?

General Surgeon
I was put on antibiotics today to treat strep throat! Can I continue to take my daily supplements while on this medication?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Yes, you can and should continue with your daily supplements. Especially if you take Amoxiciline. Supplements do not disturb antibiotic effect. Please also remember to take probiotic along with antibiotic. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.