Can I take combination of Glargine at night and soluble insuline after meals?

Nephrologist
Question
1) Can I take combination of Glargine (Lantus Solostar - Sanofi) at night and soluble insuline (Actrapid - Novo Nordisk) immediately after the meals? 2) If I take Glargine / soluble insuline (human) combination daily, am I allowed to take piogliazone?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be used Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query 1. Usually insulin is given 30 min before meals but in case you have forgotten to take the insulin it can be taken after meals as well, it is better than not taking it at all. 2. You can take pioglitazone and insuling in combination, in fact glitazones help in decreasing the insulin requirements by making our body more sensitive to the effects of insulin. However i would like to add here that increased cardiovascular risks are seen with these medications and since you are a diabetic, hypertensive and dyslipidemic you have greater chances of such events hence you are better off without the pioglitazone. Please approach your physician with my suggestion I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards

Follow-up: Can I take combination of Glargine at night and soluble insuline after meals? 5 minutes later
1) Can I take combination of Glargine (Lantus Solostar - Sanofi) at night and soluble insuline (Actrapid - Novo Nordisk) immediately after the meals? Can I take this combination ? (Y/N)

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the reply Yes you can take this combination. Regards