Can I take any other medicine for skin disease along with nusam, livopil, ursocol and evion?

I am 39 years old (male) with body weight 62 kg. For Elevated SGPT (139) & SGOT (88), I am taking NUSAM 400 3 tab, Livopil DS 3 tab, Ursocol 450 SR 2 cap. Evion 400 2 cap. daily. Is there any side effects? Are these over dosed? I have some skin disease in my thigh. Can I take any other medicine for skin along with these mentioned medicine?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Prescription is OK;drugs have minimal side effects Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXX, Thanks for your query. From the details provided, you are apparently suffering from Alcoholic Liver Disease- most likely early stage, called Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. I suggest that you get Lipid Profile, Blood sugar and an ultrasound of Liver, Gall bladder and Pancreas done. The drugs' dosages are Ok and not excessive. You should have a balanced, high protein, low fat diet; 'Statins' group of drug if high cholesterol is detected; reduce your body weight to ideal level; daily/regular exercises AND, QUIT ALCOHOL. There are no significant side effects of the prescribed drugs. Also, you can take medicines for skin disease along with the prescribed drugs. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion and order the advised investigations. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal