Can I take antidote to block the side effects of wellbutrin xl?

Question
Along 3 months, i took wellbutrin xl 150mg daily for dysthymia. It's the only antidepressant that helps me. The problem are the side effects: irritability and anxiety. A lower dose doesn't make any effect at all. My psychiatrist suggested to take 300mg every other day. Is any sense on that suggestion, because it's gonna still the same 300 divided by two is 150? What's your opinion about my doctor solution? Do you have another solution, like a antidote to block the side effects of wellbutrin xl?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Depression

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Bupropion Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. Bupropion is an good antidepressant that has side effects referrals. To take 300mg every other day in my opinion it is not advisable because the side effects would be greater. I think that the best solution is to associate a anxiolytic drug to decrease side effects. In my opinion Alprazolam 0,25 mg thrice a day can be taken for to treat irritability and anxiety due to bupropion. Over time,the side effects of bupropion will be lower and the dose of anxiolytic drug may be decreased. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer. I wish you good health.

Follow-up: Can I take antidote to block the side effects of wellbutrin xl? 27 minutes later
won't i develop tolerance or addiction induced by alprazolam? Isn't buspirone a better choice?

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Alprazolam Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. Addiction or tolerance is unlikely when alprazolam is used a short period of time, at low doses (0.25 and 0.50) and the decrease in the dose is gradually (at most 0.25 per week).Buspirone is not a better choice because its onset of anxiolytic action is slower than alprazolam. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer. I wish you good health.