Can I take Sulphur 200C, Psorium 200 or anti fungal cream like canesten or monistat for bad smell from penis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hello Sir, I am 30 years old man. I get vey bad smell around my penis continously everytime even when washed & cleaned properly & thereafter dry it. I am getting very bad foul odour smell from my penis everytime. I maintain a very good hygiene daily having bath 2 times a day then also it stinks lot it's a kind of fishy odour and it smells really bad. Even after washing properly odour keeps on coming all time. Previosly I have consulted a doctor, had urine test which was ok & he suggested me to take Doxycycline & clotrimazole powder to apply but it haven't worked at all. I have consulted doctor but he cannot give the exact cause & solution. I took some other antibiotics as well but the penis odour still persist. Can I take other medicine like Sulphur 200C & Psorium 200 & antifungal cream like canesten or monistat which I found on internet. Please suggest the most effective way to get rid of bad penis smell. why is the smell there and how do I get rid of it? Which doctor I need to consult and treatment that would help make the smell go away? Right now I reside in Delhi so can I visit your clinic for treatment.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer: It is due to sub clinical infection of Glans Penis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are getting foul smell around your penis in spite of observing proper personal hygiene. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Are you married ? 2) Does your female partner has vaginal infection? 3)Are you diabetic? 4)Have you ever done swab test of secretions around glans penis? There is a secretion of mucus from the mucus glands located in glans penis to keep the glans moist,In some of the individuals this secretion is excess than required which gets accumulated around coronal sulcus or it is more due to inflammation of these glands. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get basic tests like swab test and tests for blood sugar levels done to rule out diabetes and infection. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Continue washing your genitals with warm water twice daily and apply topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily. Hope this will work and help in resolving your problem. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Can I take Sulphur 200C, Psorium 200 or anti fungal cream like canesten or monistat for bad smell from penis? 2 days later
Thanks for you suggestion Sir. I'm bacheolar not having any sexual relation with anybody nor diabitic. As per your advice I'm going to have swab test and tests for blood sugar levels done to rule out diabetes and infection & take antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic Nitrofurantoin. please state how long I have to take these medicines.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take medicines at least for 2 -3 weeks. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing again .Please take the medicines suggested earlier for a period of 2-3 weeks and do write again .I shall be glad to help you. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.