Can I smoke weed after being diagnosed with esophagitis?

Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 25 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I advice you not to smoke, not cigarette or any thing else.
People who smoke are more likely to cough, which puts pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter. In addition, cigarettes have been shown to weaken the lower esophageal sphincter. Both of these effects on the sphincter can cause it to open more often and can increase acid reflux.
Tobacco products also cause your body to make less saliva, which you need to help neutralize the stomach juices in your esophagus. It can cause your body to make more stomach juices. As you can see, using tobacco products can make it more likely for you to develop GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). If you already have GERD, smoking can make your symptoms worse.
According to an article published in the American Journal of Medicine, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and smoking increase the risk of developing laryngeal cancer.
The only and the best advice give you see not to smoke and also avoid drinking as both of them may have deleterious effect on you.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.