Can I know the conception date from my delivery due date ?

I am 24 year old pregnant female. Doctor said my due date is 3rd February 2012, can that be possible if the conception happened on 16th May or a couple of days afterwards?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 8 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Based on the due date and considering your normal cycle duration to be of 28 to 30 days you would have ovulated around May 13 so conception would have occured between May 9 to May 17 2011.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.

Wish you a good health.

Follow-up: Can I know the conception date from my delivery due date ? 15 hours later

Thanks for that. I was just wondering if the conception must have happened on 16th or 17th May, how come the due date is so early according to my scan? I would have assumed it`s 16th February.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up

Actually there will be always few days difference (plus or minus 7 days) in the scan and is expected.

Usually conception is calculated based on the last period date and cycle duration or even can be calculated from the expected due date.

Since you had provided the due date I calculated the conception date based on that.

Wishing you a healthy Pregnancy