Can I increase my height after growing age?

myself XXXXXXX from INDIA.My age is 22.but my height is 5"2 inch.i want increase my is possible or not.Mo no-0000.please help me...
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later

The height of a human being depends on the long bones, these long bones keep growing in males until the age of 18 to 19 after that the growing part of the bone known as the 'epiphyses' fuses permanently. Once the epiphyses fuses, no further growth can take place. Since you are 22 this would have already occurred.

The final height is decided by genes. Growth hormones were tried on short people, it did increase the height in them but the final height was the same as that decided by genes.

I strongly advise you not to go for commercial products that promise increase in height as none of them are genuine.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you had no further queries.

I wish you good health.