Can I increase my height after 20 years of age?

Hello, i am 20 years old and my Height is about 173 (5.7) is it possible i grow it after this age? please help me thanks. My maturity was too early is this the reason? but i have reached my father Height when i was 17 years old is it means that i will not be growing anymore?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Further increase of height is not possible. Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXX, Thanks for posting query. After the age of 20 years fusion of epiphysis of long bones takes place and so further increase of height is not possible. It is not like that you have reached height of of your father at the age of 17 and so you can not have further increase in height. This was your growing age when maximum increasing of your height is there. If some body claims for increasing height, do not believe, this is all to make money. Now it is not possible to increase your height but you can do exercises which help to increase height like running, swimming, jogging, jumping ropes, cycling etc. Take high protein diet. I hope, i answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. Ok and take care.
Follow-up: Can I increase my height after 20 years of age? 47 minutes later
Thanks for the Answer Dr. XXXXXXX so by doing exercises like running, swimming,jogging and etc there is still a chance to grow height? because if bones are fused doing exercises like that will still help or if it will help how much i can get? Thanks if you answer Dr.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Take chance, may increase your height. Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXX, Thanks for posting query again. Fusion of epiphysis takes place at about 20 years so it can be little late or early so you can take chance by doing these exercises. These exercises produces stretching force over end of long bones so there is no problem taking this chance. I hope, I answered your query to your satisfaction. Now if you do not have any query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Thanks.