Can I get HIV after having sex with a sex worker?

hello doctor i recently had sex with a prostitute and although we used protection i am still worried of hiv because during this time i happened to touch my bare penis after i had been rubbing the outside of the prostitutes vagina. is it possible to get hiv from her fluids as i touched my own private parts?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: possible to get HIV if you have open cuts Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query diligently. I understand that you have touched your own private parts with her fluids. It is not possible to get HIV like this when you have intact skin. However, if you had any open cuts, abrasions on your genitals at that point of time, then there are chances of getting HIV as the virus can enter the body through the cut. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards,
Follow-up: Can I get HIV after having sex with a sex worker? 7 minutes later
thank you for your response, i did not have any cuts so a test should not be necessary?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: test is not necessary Detailed Answer: Hello, You did not have any cuts. In such a case, there are no chances of her body fluids entering you. Hence there is no need to test. Regards,