Can I do ACTH and cortisol blood test when pregnant?

Can I do acth and cortisol blood test when I am pregnat? And if there is a problem in any of them can it be treated while I am pregnant?
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Blood tests for serum ACTH and cortisol levels can be performed in pregnancy and interpreted just as they would be for a non-pregnant adult. However, there is something called CBG (Cortisol Binding Globulin)in the blood that carries the cortisol in the bloodstream. If this is abnormal ie higher or lower than normal, then it can give misleading results on the lab test for cortisol.

If one is diagnosed with deficiency or excess of cortisol/ACTH during pregnancy , they can be treated for the respective condition during the pregnant state