Can I conceive naturally with intra mural fibroid seedling in posterior wall?

Mar 2013
Hello I did some tests for second infertility. One of them was Pelvic scan. All ovary and uterus, endometrium etc all are normal. But this report showed up, intra mural fibroid seedling in posterior wall of 8mm*8mm. Can you suggest is natural fertility an issue? Can I conceive naturally?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: FIBROID SEEDLING WILL NOT CAUSE FERTILITY ISSUES. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. The fibroid seedling is too small to cause any fertility issues. If you can imagine the size, 8 mm by 8 mm is smaller than the size of a small pea. That would not cause infertility. For secondary infertility, and for knowing if you can conceive naturally, other workup is required. The following should be done - 1. Basic hormonal tests - FSH, LH, AMH, TSH, Prolactin. This will estimate your ovarian reserve, capacity of ovaries to form good eggs. This ability declines with age. 2. Husband's semen analysis. 3. Baseline ultrasound scan on day 2 of cycle, and then follicular monitoring scans throughout the cycle to know if ovulation is occurring naturally or not. 4. Laparoscopy / HSG to know whether your fallopian tubes are open. If all these 4 investigations are absolutely normal, then the answer is - yes, mostly you should be able to conceive naturally. If any investigation is abnormal, treatment would be done accordingly. Even with normal investigations, there is a category called unexplained infertility, where, no apparent cause for infertility is found. Take regular folic acid supplements. Get the investigations done as suggested. Please let me know since how long you are planning for a second child. Do not worry about the fibroid seedling it is merely an incidental ultrasound finding. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Can I conceive naturally with intra mural fibroid seedling in posterior wall? 26 hours later
We are planning from last 4 years..Last 2 years I have visited couple of gynaecologists/fertility experts. I had undergone HSG tests and everything is normal. Even the doctor says both of us are normal. Even my husbands semen tests etc was done and count was very good. Only thing what is the problem with hubby works abroad on board ship where he works for 5 months and he is here for 3-4 months. So that gap could be a problem as there is no continuity. I cannot go as we have commitmnet for elder daughter here. Only concern is time..And now my elder daughters already 10 years.. Thanks for your answer, I am happy that atleast seedlings are not of concern.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Thanks for your appreciation. See, apart from the fact that you are living separate, there is the age factor. At 36, your fertility is quite lower than what it was at 26 ( 10 years back ). I suggest the following - When your husband is here next time, visit a fertility expert on day 2 of your cycle. Go for a cycle of follicular monitoring, and remain sexually active around days of ovulation as observed on ultrasound. If this fails / there is problem in ovulation, go for next cycle using medication such as Clomiphene citrate to stimulate ovaries. If 3 such cycles further fail, go for a laparoscopy plus hysteroscopy. All the best You can contact me directly anytime using the link - WWW.WWWW.WW WIsh you lots of luck and good health.