Can Hemorrhoids cause bleeding?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Can Hemmoroids cause bleeding when wiping in back and front?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Hi Yes. Hemarrhoids can cause bleeding while wiping. Anal fissure also causes bleeding while wiping. Please see a surgeon for examination

Follow-up: Can Hemorrhoids cause bleeding? 19 minutes later
I noticed blood in toilet bowl after attempting to have a BM and also upon wiping which I thought may be coming from a hemmrroid, but also a little blood when wiping in front. Could this all be from a hemmoroid? I have had bleeding with hemmoroids before, but not in front.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible Detailed Answer: Hi There are 3 possibilities 1. If its pain less bleeding in bowl it could be Hemarrhoids. 2. If there is blood in toilet paper in wiping and associated with pain its anal fissure. 3. If it has occurred only once it is possibly due to minor trauma to anal mucosal lining. Hence please have more vegetables and water in diet for next few days to soften stools. If its minor trauma due to hard stool it will go away. If only it repeats you may have to see a doctor for examination to confirm one among top 3 diagnosis. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Can Hemorrhoids cause bleeding? 10 hours later
I felt pressure so I thought I had to have BM but just little piece came out and blood in toilet and when I wiped the back and a little when I wiped the back. This morning BM and blood when wiping back only. Can you have blood when wiping front also? There was some pain day or two before bleeding now no pain.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi Yes. There could be pain while wiping front also. This sounds like anal fissure pain. Please get prescription for local anesthetic gel and apply around anus before passing stool to prevent pain. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards

Follow-up: Can Hemorrhoids cause bleeding? 2 hours later
Can there be a little blood on front when wiping also? I have no pain in front. I had some pain when trying to pass BM, but that was a day or two before any bleeding. Now just bleeding after BM when wiping. Will this take several days to go away?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi Bleeding if its continuing needs to be examined. If its just one episode then you can wait. If its bleeding again then its unlikely to go away. Hence please see a surgeon for examination and medicine prescription. Regards