Can HIV spread from an unaffected person? Can pregnancy be possible with condom? Anal sex dangers HIV infection?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I have few queries about HIV. I was just reading an HIV article from your healthcare site. It was written that unprotected vaginal and anal sex can cause HIV.
When we say unprotected sex,does it mean with any one or only the person who is already effected.
I mean suppose if i have sex with my gf without a condom,and i know that neither she nor me have HIV,then also can we catch HIV?
Also if its true,then for making a gal pregnant we need to put our sperm in gals vagina which needs to do sex without condom. Then how is it possibe?
I have lot of confusion on these,please clear my confusions.Should we never do sex without condom even if we know that we both are not HIV positive and also does anal sex has more danger for spreading HIV?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 45 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

It is very unfortunate that lot of myths prevail regarding Sex in general public

The reason is lack of basic sex education during school & college days

Unprotected sex means sex without condom

If you are sure your GF & You are HIV free none of you can transmit or get HIV

Unprotected sex is inhibited in partners whose status you do not know or in professional sex workers, not with your life partner

You can go ahead with unprotected sex with your wife

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Have Safe Sex

Follow-up: Can HIV spread from an unaffected person? Can pregnancy be possible with condom? Anal sex dangers HIV infection? 2 days later
Thanks a lot Sir

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Hi

You are always welcome

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries

Get Well Soon