Can Epididymal cysts cause lower back ache?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later

Epididymal cyst is not likely to cause a lower back ache.

An altered urine smell without any other associated symptoms like burning, frequency of micturition, fever, etc may be harmless finding.

There are few possible causes for smelly urine, and have to be ruled out. A simple test on the urine can quickly identify / rule out these conditions.
1. Infection is the commonest cause.
2. There are also conditions that affect the salts and other chemicals produced by the body, which when appearing in urine might make it offensive.
3. Few people develop this problem without an obvious cause
4. In a few instances this problem can sometimes be associated with the use of certain vitamin and supplements or from imbalances in your diet.

Infection of the urinary tract may be one of the causes of your lower back pain. You need to consult your physician for proper investigations and treatment.

I suggest the following measures:
The first step is to get a couple of urine samples analysed. Infections and chemical disturbances can be picked up easily by the urine test.

I hope this answers your query effectively. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.