Can D&C performed at any clinic?

Question
Are D&C abortions only performed at an abortion clinic or can you get one at a hospital? And if at a clinic, are they equipped with Ultra-sound or X-ray machines?
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 24 hours later

No, D&C abortion can be performed in hospital also as well as in abortion clinic.(only those abortion which come with bleeding and spontaneous in nature only performed in hospitals and the hospital is certified For abortion,they have MTP registration).

In abortion clinic they are equipped with ultrasonography and X-ray machines.

Hope I have answered your query, If you have further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr.Richa

Follow-up: Can D&C performed at any clinic? 2 days later
Is it realistic for a 15 year-old girl to schedule a late-term abortion (5 months) in a hospital? As opposed to say an abortion clinic.

It would help our story if she has the abortion in a hospital but we're trying to be authentic to what would actually happen.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later

No, it is not safe for a 15 year old girl to schedule a late-term abortion in a hospital, because it endangers her life.

If it is that much important then you can discuss the issue with the treating physician in the hospital and decide accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr. Richa