Calcified left frontal lobe, headaches, blood test normal. Causes for calcified focus ?

Hi Doc, I' m 28 yrs female having Calcified focus in left frontal lobe, having headaches and heaviness from last one month. CT scan has been done, eyesight is alright, Blood test is perfect. What could be the possible reasons and what are the possibilities of my Calcified focus.? Please help
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
A small calcified focus in the frontal lobe in the absence of any symptoms can be due to many reasons but the most probable reasons include-
1.Calcified granuloma- due to an old chronic undiagnosed infection like TB, fungal infections, sarcoidosis,etc. - can be ruled out by doing specific blood tests to rule out these diseases.
2.Dystrophic calcification of brain- a harmless lesion which might show slight memory deficits.
3. Cancerous lesion.
All these conditions need to be ruled out and serial CT scans should be done to monitor the progress of the lesion.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.
Follow-up: Calcified left frontal lobe, headaches, blood test normal. Causes for calcified focus ? 1 hour later
Is there any problem ? Can it be harm full? what are the ill affects? Can it be cause of my headaches?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.
It can be an innocent calcification or might show some problems in memory or other symptoms later. It all depends on the diagnosis.
You need to consult a neurophysician to rule out any impending dangers involved.
Sincerely hope it will help.