CT stonogram result shows gall bladder is collapsed. What does it mean?

i just had a ct stonogram and the result says my gall bladder is collapsed what does it mean?
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am pleased to inform you that you have nothing to worry about as far as this sonographic finding is concerned. Let me explain it further:
Gall bladder is just a reservoir that stores digestive secretions. when we eat food or even drink something it contracts ( or collapses ) & release its contents into our gut. This is exactly what has happened to you. This represents a normal function of Gall bladder.
This is the reason, it is often advised that if you want to see the gall bladder you must go for ultrasound with an empty stomach. So that it can be found in distended state & we can visualize the inside contents.
Hope this clears your query. You may write back if you want to discuss this further. I will be there to respond.
If you do not have any follow up question please don't forget to accept my answer & close this query.
I will appreciate your review about my answer.
Wish you good health.