CT scan showed pulmonary module in lungs. Feeling tired. Should I be worried?

Hi, Today i look at my mother ct scan result and it shows that she has a pulmonary module in her lungs. she is tired day by day, we are very worried.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query,

Not all pulmonary nodules represent cancer. At the same time this does need to be analyzed carefully. Her smoking history is important to consider.

Her doctor may consider doing a PET scan and biopsy of the nodule in order to help decide the best approach. The biopsy would be the logical first step.

If the biopsy is positive for a type of cancer, a PET scan would be done. It is premature to discuss all of this right now because we are not sure what the nodule represents - it could be a benign granuloma as well.

Thanks again for the query,

I look forward to helping you with more information on your mother and recommendations as you go through the process of obtaining a definitive diagnosis.

Dr Robert
Follow-up: CT scan showed pulmonary module in lungs. Feeling tired. Should I be worried? 22 hours later
Thank you, today we consult a doctor and do ct scan again, the scan show that the tumor is not there anymore. I hope this is great news. any suggestion
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello again and thank you for the additional information.

This is very good news that the CT scan no longer demonstrates any type of nodule.

I would suggest a follow-up CT scan to be done in three months.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope this is been helpful for you. If you have any additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Robert