CBC, low red blood cell count, low WBC, low neutrophiles, cystic acne. Treatment ?

hi i am 31, 110, 5'3... i have a cbc and i have low red blood count, low white blood count, low hematocript, low rdw, low neutrophiles, eosinophiles and low basophiles. i have also high mch mchc and high limphosites. recently i am suffering for a severe cistic acne. i lactate my dauther too but she is already 3.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later

It is a little difficult to see what exactly your question is so let me work with you to interpret these test results and your current health.

From the test results you listed you have been told that you have a low hemoglobin and hematocrit (anemia) as well as a low count of some of the white blood cells. As long as your total white blood cell count is near normal I am not too concerned about that.

Your lymphocyte count is elevated apparently as well - again this is generally not concerning unless there is a major disturbance in the total white blood cell count. I really would like to see a copy of the full report in order to provide some good recommendations. If you could send that to my attention at YYYY@YYYY I would appreciate it.

As far as the cystic acne - this is a condition which generates inflammation and can cause a disturbance in white blood cell counts but it would not cause anemia. A number of other tests should be done in the setting of a low hematocrit or anemia. These tests include iron level, vitamin B12 levels, ferritin, reticulocyte count and total iron binding capacity. Perhaps your doctor has already ordered this.

You indicate that you "lactate" your daughter. What exactly does that mean?

Again I thank you for your question. I look forward to receiving additional information from you including a copy of the test results so we can make some good and well-informed recommendations.

Dr. Galamaga