CAT showed enlarged appendix, fluid around intestine. Treatment suggestions?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi I was admitted to hospital 3 days ago with burning inflamed pain in the top left part if my abdomin,I also have naesua and an bloated. I had previous surgery for a bowel obstruction when I was a baby and I had a laparotomy for a molar pregnant 2yrs ago. I had a cat scan yesterday and I was told that I have an enlarged appendix and fluid around my intestines. Is this XXXXXXX and how us it treated,can you tell me what night have caused this?
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later

Thanks for writing in

Usually the pain of appendicitis is on the right side

Appendicitis occurs mostly because of inflammation of lymph nodes in submucosa and or a fecolith obstructing its lumen

It is not XXXXXXX if treated systemetically

As there is fluid surrounding it there are chances it is infected

It can be removed easily with a Laparoscope but considering the fact that you have been operated twice for abdominal surgery get it done by an expert

Hope this helps
Do write back in casse of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead