By pressing the belly can I feel my baby's heartbeat?

can i feel my baby heartbeat by pressing on my belly iam seven week pregnant
i missed my period for was suppose to come on the 3 i took a ept came out positive but i dont feel pregnany no symtoms at all iam worried i went to the doctor last week to a test and it also camr out positive but when they did the ultrsound they say they see no sac.they did blood and call me back and told me my pregancy is very early.iam worried i had four pregancy before and i never feel so normal i feel like iam not pregnant and i took a test today and it still say positive.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

As your pregnancy test is repeatedly coming positive it definitely means that you are pregnant. The thing that you are feeling absolutely normal and are not feeling any other signs and symptoms of pregnancy is not very odd.Sometimes there are instances that you feel almost normal during your early pregnancy. The fact that they did not detect a sac on USG may indicate a missed abortion or even a blighted ovum where only a small sac is formed without any foetal node inside.

this would be established on doing a repeat ultrasound scan after ten days.Till then you can just wait.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: By pressing the belly can I feel my baby's heartbeat? 17 hours later
i miss my period for may 3 is it possible to find out how many week am i?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hi again,

You are six weeks and two days pregnant. You can never feel the baby's heart beat by pressing against your belly. You can only feel the baby movements and that too after 20 weeks.

Wish you good health.