Buzzing in left ear. How to seek help to cure it?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having buzzing in my left ear, can u please tell how to seek help to cure it
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

Buzzing in the left ear head is most commonly caused by blocked ear canal - by wax or infection. It can also be indicative of a middle ear disease. There may be damage to the nerve endings responsible for hearing due to aging.

You would need a thorough evaluation by an ENT specialist as there are various causes for these symptoms and they can be narrowed down after a thorough Physical Examination. I encourage you to do this as it is important to treat the cause.

Meanwhile you can follow these suggestions:
1) Reduce caffeine and salt intake.
2) Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol.
3) Avoid using objects to clean your ears.
4) Take a Zinc supplementation once daily.
5) Do not take any medications such as Aspirin as they can increase the ringing sound.
6) Eat fresh Pineapple in the diet as it reduces inflammation if any.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.