Burning urination, testicle pain, warmth in scrotum. Taking Ofloxacin. Do I have epididymitis?

A month and a half ago, i was treated for std bacteria(had unprotected sex). I think it was cocci. Doc prescribed azithromycin. Got cured and was better for 2 weeks and it started again. Took cipro. Was fine again for few days. Got the syptoms back again. Got tested again and the reports came negative. Doc gave some meds( cystone, some pain killer) and said antibiotics not required since tests were negative. Its been 2 weeks now without any pain, Then suddenly it started to burn again after i pee. Had drank redbull the previous night. Now since 2 days i m experiencing pain in left testicle and warm like feeling in the scrotum. Doc gave ofloxacin for 5 days. If still nothing happens ultrasound would be done.

Do i have epididimytis which i believe stays life long.
Why am i getting recurrent utis. I m really getting worried.
Will i ever get cured?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, recurrent UTI is defined as 2 uncomplicated UTIs in 6 months. When there is recurrent infection with the same organism despite adequate therapy, it is considered a relapse. Reinfection is defined as recurrent UTI caused by a different bacterial isolate, or an adequate time period (>2 weeks) between infections. Most recurrences occur within the first 3 months after the primary infection, and there can often be clustering of infections. Recurrent cystitis that occurs during or within the first week following treatment suggests possible relapse and should be managed with a pre-treatment urine culture, antimicrobial susceptibility testing, and treatment with a fluoroquinolone for 7 days. stone or enlarged prostate. The first step in treating such an infection is to identify the infecting organism and the medications to which it is sensitive. Prostate infections, bacterial prostatitis are harder to cure because antibiotics may be unable to penetrate infected prostate tissue effectively. For this reason, men with bacterial prostatitis often need long-term treatment with a carefully selected antibiotic. Epididymitis can also be caused by urinary tract infections, or prostatitis that spreads to the testicles. Fever with swelling, tenderness and severe pain in the testicles, usually accompanied by a discharge from the end of the penis. Should you be affected your doctor will send samples of discharge or urine for culture and sensitivity and blood tests for analysis. Prompt treatment is important to minimize discomfort, avoid long term damage and transmission to others. Symptoms should improve and if they do not then your doctor may review your medication. Advise to try the following treatment options like drinking plenty of fluids (water) each day will help flush bacterium out of the urinary system, emptying the bladder as soon as the urge to urinate occurs also may help decrease the risk of bladder infection or UTI, urinating before and after sex can flush out any bacteria that may enter the urethra during sexual intercourse, Vitamin C makes the urine acidic and helps to reduce the number of potentially harmful bacteria in the urinary tract system. Although urinary tract infections are common and distinctly painful, they usually are easy to treat once properly diagnosed and only last a few days. When treated promptly and properly, UTIs are rarely serious. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks
Follow-up: Burning urination, testicle pain, warmth in scrotum. Taking Ofloxacin. Do I have epididymitis? 4 hours later
Thanks for the info. I would like to know if uti causes scrotum irritation and testicle pain. What is your opinion about my case and though its been nearly 50 days, why does the problem still persist. Is it because of improper treatment.
Can i have protected sex in this condition?
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 16 hours later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, there are numerous medical conditions that can cause testicular pain, possible infections causing scrotum irritation and testicle pain include epididymitis which is inflammation of the ducts through which sperm leaves the testicle. This is often caused by chlamydia, a sexually transmitted disease, or a results from an inability to empty the bladder because of an enlarged prostate. Will recommend you to avoid sexual activity, also kindly consult your clinician to examine and come to a definitive diagnosis. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health