Burning sensation while urinating, blood in underwear, not masturbated. Worried

the first time i got the burning feeling when peeing was almost a year ago but i never thought of it seriously but it never got worse nor anything but occasionally like once every few months i see a blood stain in my underwear as i mentioned!! i havent masturbated for 6 days and increased water intake alot and the burning is at MINIMAL or NONE mostly none!! but two days ago i got outa shower and i saw a small tiny blood stain on my underwear! im freaking out
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 12 hours later

You are having recurrent burning in passing urine and blood stained underwear. Your complaints certainly warrant further investigations. You need to get yourself examined with urine routine and microscopy and USG KUB (Ultrasound of the Kidney, ureters and bladder).

Once these investigations are done, kindly write back to me. Also, write back in case you have more queries to ask.

Hope this helps you.

Follow-up: Burning sensation while urinating, blood in underwear, not masturbated. Worried 2 days later
hello dr. goel

so i did my urine test and ultra sound of kidneys bladder and the prostate gland.

for the urine test results were clear:
status: final
culture report: no growth

for the ultra sound, the results were as follows:

"the kidneys are normal. The long diameter of the right kidney is 11cm and of the left, 12cm.
the urinary bladder shows normal contour and no sign of a lesion. The pre and postvoid bladder volumes are 336cc's and 20cc's respectively, 6% retention. Both ureteral jets are seen.
The prostate gland is normal with a volume of 25 cubed cc's. No calcifications are seen. Also, the seminal vesicles appear normal and symmetrical.
CONCLUSION: normal kidneys, urinary bladder and prostate gland.

Now my questions what do you think it is? over the past 3 days the burning has decreased dramatically and also i suddenly rememberd yesterday sometimes when i masturbated before the precum or whatever would dry up and make the tip of my penis to get stuck to my underwear. and pulling the pants down to go to bathroom and stuff pulled the tip of my penis and sometimes i remember it burning when i pulled my underwear down. I believe that is the cause of it ! there is also a chance of STD glaryomora or something but those are bacteria. and since iv only been with one girl who im 99.9% sure was clean and we dated for 3 years i highly doubt it would be a STD.

But my question is now what do you suggest ? should i take any medicine to speed up the healing process faster? or any antibiotics or anti inflamatory?
Do you recommend any special drinks (other than water) or any foods?

let me know and thank you
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later

Thanks for writing in detail about the reports. I have read through them in diligence.

You don't seem to be having STD and hence stop worrying on that front. Since you are improving at this point of time I shall not suggest you to start anything new. You can apply any emollient on tip of penis so that it remains soft and does not stick to underwear. You should start drinking plenty of lemon water without adding salt.

I am sure you will be fine soon.

Follow-up: Burning sensation while urinating, blood in underwear, not masturbated. Worried 57 minutes later
okay ! how long do you think it should take for this to go away roughly?? based on your experience! i read somewhere that small wounds inside penis could take up to month or two to get better! should i get worried if this stays for another two weeks or so?

ALso for clarification what do you exactly mean by lemon water? isnt lemon acidic and would make the pee more acidic? how many drops of it in water bottle? if you give me more details about it id greatly appreciate it!

Also by emollient you mean something that just moisturizes the tip or is emolient a medicine/cream?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 28 hours later

Your symptoms should disappear completely in 2-3 weeks.

Emollient can be cream or your daily moisturizing body lotion.

Lemon water is acidic but it breaks in the body and provides citrate, which is very good. Hence, it shall not hurt more. Add 3 lemons to 500 ml of water.

Hope this helps you. Get well soon.

Follow-up: Burning sensation while urinating, blood in underwear, not masturbated. Worried 1 hour later
Oh okay I will give it two three weeks! Any creams or medicine u suggest to prevent possible infection and speed up the process?
Is cranberry juice good? Or only lemon water?
Also is it okay to masturbate or have oral sex? Or avoiding erection and cumming would speed up the healing process?

Let me know
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

You can have cranberry juice too.
You can mastrubate but avoid oral sex.
If possible take fluconazole under the care of your urologist.

This should suffice and do not need to be concerned now.