Burning sensation on thigh, painful, red marks. No known injury. What is it?

I was walking upstairs last night and when I got into my room I felt a burning sensation on my thigh. By the time I walked into the bathroom it really started to become quite painful. I pulled my pants down and found 2 parallel red marks on my right thigh about four inches long and each the width of a finger. I still have it today and it is very painful and very red. I didn't bump into anything or get scratched. What is it?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

There wasn't any history of trauma?
Are the areas in question warm to the touch?

If possible you could send a couple of pictures that would be helpful.

Let me know the answers to my questions if you could send some pictures that would be helpful.