Burning sensation on lower back after a heavy meal. Taking calcium carbonate. Suggest medication

I have a burning sensation on my left lower back, it is not my stomach, it feels like my intestines. I think its gastric fluid that seeped in after a meal of ranch chips, cheddar chips, sandwiches, and two frozen burritos that i heated up. The pain started last night and has stayed roughly the same since, how can i alleviate it enough so that i can at least go to sleep tonight. I am taking calcium carbonate, but it does not seem to affect the intestines just my stomach, and that is fine. What can i take/eat to help with my intestinal burning, I did drink aloe vera, ate oatmeal and a banana, just finished eating a soup of vegetables with rice in it. Please answer quickly i need to rest.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

These symptoms can be due to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It’s diagnosis is by fibroptic laryngoscopy or barium swallow.

For this try the following lifestyle measures:

1)     Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks.

2)     It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down.

3)     To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods.

4)     Also take some antacid like Mylanta but if the symptoms are severe, then you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole after consulting your doctor. Also then get peptic ulcers ruled out.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.