Burning sensation in penis. Negative chlamydia test. Causes for burning sensation?

Dermatologist
Question
Dear Doctor Batra,

Thanks for the previous advices My Chlymadia test came negative 10 days ago. And my doctor did another test 3 days ago and it came negative as well.
The only problem is little burning sensation never went away. My doc told me it will go away soon.
My question is what is the time line of healing ? / What is the reason of this burning sensation on my penis.

I am waiting your response.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 17 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for showing confidence in me once again. Burning on penis tip might occur of many things.

Antibiotics and other medicines change the urinary pH and can lead to burning.
Regular intake of fluids especially water, dilute the urine and hence can be beneficial.
Alternatively, a urine alkaniser can be tried out.
If the organism is negative, there is no need to panic and take medicine unnecessarily.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Burning sensation in penis. Negative chlamydia test. Causes for burning sensation? 29 minutes later
Dr. Batra,

My medicine finishes nearly 2 weeks ago. I am just taking vitamins such as B,C and echnicia tablets.

Do you suggest another chlymandia test / other tests to locate the source of the burning sensation ?

I really want to come beck to my regular life.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 7 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for reverting back.

There is no need for another test.

You are still taking a lot of pills which are secreted in urine too. Diluting the urine will definitely help.
Take lots of fluids and do remember to wash the tip with cold water after you void.

Dr.Rohit Batra