Burning pain in left shoulder blade and triceps muscle. Had a tear on shoulder. What could it be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have burning pain in my left shoulder blade and tricep muscle. I have no restrictions at all. I know what rotator cuff pain is cause I had a tear on my right shoulder before. this is not the same. Sometimes it is hard to tell where the pain mostly coming from, tricep sometimes, back shoulder blade others. Sometimes even seems like the elbo is screaming at me. So what is up?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Due to nerve related problem. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The burning pain that you are having without any injury or the loss of muscle strength is likely to be due to a nerve related problem. This can happen due to a mild nerve root compression or irritation at the level of cervical spine - due to mild spondylottic changes, disc prolapse or a cervical rib. It is best to consult a neurologist and get an MRI scan of your neck done to find out the exact cause. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Burning pain in left shoulder blade and triceps muscle. Had a tear on shoulder. What could it be? 12 hours later
I do not have health insurance that will cover this expense. Will massage or chiropractic alignment help or hurt? Can I continue to swim or do some light exercise as it does not hurt at all when I swim? Lastly, will this go away on its own? Thank you. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 hours later
Brief Answer: Massage will not help. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. Chiropractic alignment is not recommended without an MRI for proper diagnosis. Regular physiotherapy exercises will help you. Swimming and light aerobics are good exercises for such nerve compressions. It will not go away on its own. You need to start with methylcobalamin supplements and physiotherapy exercises for relief. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards