Burning effect in heart, prickling in left shoulder, GERD. Medications ?

Hi I 'm having burning effect in my heart and prickling pain in left shoulder , Suggest some medicine
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 38 minutes later

Since you have a history of Duodenal Ulcers it can be assumed that the pain which you are having is due to Gastritis. But burning sensation in chest with pain in left shoulder can be even indicative of pain originating due to heart or chest problems.

You need to be very much vigilant regarding this pain. It would be better to get a ECG done as to rule out any heart related problems.

Please follow these measures:
1) You can take Over the Counter available Ocid 20 right now but if the severity of the pain increases or any other symptom arises consider rushing to ER immediately.
2) Drink lots of fluids like water and fruit juices.
3) Avoid tea, coffee, smoking, consumption of alcohol and hot drinks like soup.
4) Avoid fatty, spicy food intake and prefer having light food items.
5) Have buttermilk, curd, coconut water.
6) Take adequate rest and keep the head portion elevated by using pillows while lying down.
7) Do not go to bed immediately after having food.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish your a good health.