Burning and tingling sensation in thigh after a fall. Will it go away?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I fell last spring and knew I had pulled muscles but my thigh was numb for a while and now frequently has a burning, tingling sensation. Will this go away with time?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
A burning and tingling sensation on the thigh after a history of fall could be due to a minor disc injury which is causing a pressure on the nerve root causing the symptoms.
An MRI of the spine will help in detecting if there is any damage to the soft tissues around the spine.
Right now I advise you to take methylcobalamin and Vitamin B complex supplements daily for at least 2 weeks and see if there is any improvement.
If the symptoms do not improve then I encourage you to visit an Orthopedician for further investigations and proper treatment.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.