Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning and stinging during urinating, back pain and red dots on penis shaft. Effective medicine?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
hello i am 30 yo male, my penis sting and burns me when i pee and edjaculate, also i have lower back pains and small red dots which scab over disappear and then come back again in a small area on the shaft of my penis . what do you think it is and what is the best medicine antibiotic to use
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 12 minutes later

Burning and stinging during urinating and ejaculating indicates urinary tract infection or reproductive tract infection.

Association with lower back pain and red dots on shaft of the penis strongly suggests a reproductive tract infection which may be sexually transmitted disease.

In case you have discharge, get the discharge examined - culture and sensitivity. This test will isolate the organism causing these symptoms. If you have no discharge, your can be cultured to isolate the organism. An antibiotic can only be prescribed when the organism is isolated.
Besides, get a urine examination also.
Meanwhile, abstain from sex as these infections may be sexually transmissible.

In case you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Burning and stinging during urinating, back pain and red dots on penis shaft. Effective medicine? 1 hour later
hello there is no discharge, what possibilties can it be?
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 15 hours later
Hello and welcome again,

Absence of discharge does not rule out infection.
The urine test should be carried out in the absence of discharge.

Do visit your doctor for clinical evaluation and consider getting the aforementioned test. The investigations will guide us in prescribing the right antibiotic.

Dr Shailja P Wahal