Bumpy rash appeared on vagina. No pain or itching. Could it be STD or infection?

Mar 2016

I have a a bumpy rash in my vagina, on the inside close to the anus and on the inside very little not like pimples they don't really hurt kind of itches! Imm not sure what to think of it I've had it for a week they have not increased in size, I didn't know I had them till I looked randomly! This could be sexually transmitted or a bad infection im not too sure!
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

According to your clinical pictures, small bumps appear around the vaginal region & close to anus most probably due to hair folliculitis (very small painless pimple like around hair follicle of genital area).

Folliculitis occurs due to skin irritation in contact with soap/ chemical substance for shaving or using condom. You should maintain genital hygiene properly. It goes away automatically in most of the cases.

As there is no vaginal discharge or bad smell, then possibility of vaginal infection is very much less.

Here, I suggest to consult with dermatologist for complete clinical examination. You may need to undergo one blood test for STD profile and urine examination (routine & microscopy) to rule out any type of STDs or exclude other pathogens in this context.

If there is persistent itching, then you may use topical anti microbial cream/ ointment or aloe vera gel to sooth the affected region.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you better health and avoid any type of sexual activity or using bath products/ chemical cosmetics till complete course of treatment.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Bumpy rash appeared on vagina. No pain or itching. Could it be STD or infection? 24 minutes later
Im talking about the inside of my vagina! I dont have a smell at all or any abnormal discharge does that look like herpes to you? Or just a very irritated vagina?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for follow up query.

It mostly occurs due to inflammatory reaction or irritation of vaginal wall with some chemical substances that you used previously.

Genital herpes is unlikely as it is always painful or hurting. Here bumps are slight large.

One blood test for STD profile is required to eliminate other less possible causative factors. It helps to clear your doubt from mind & keep in safe place. Maintain genital hygiene properly.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Be well & stay healthy.

Dr Soumen