Bumps on face, weeping clear fluid, scabbing and scarring. Itching. What could these be?

I have three areas on my face that started as inactive clusters of bumps; the first one began to weep clear fluid and scab over and continued to do this over and over for months until it finally went away leaving a scar. Now I have two more doing the same thing, one on each side below my nostrils. It appears that there are 3 or 4 small bumps and then an opening in the middle that oozes and scabs. Insanely itchy. What on earth could these be?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 49 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I am glad to be of assistance.

It would be better if you could post a picture of the affected area so as to allow me to understand the nature of condition.

From your description however, it seems that you might be having folliculitis - which is a bacterial infection of the skin. That could be recurrent as we harbour the bacteria called staphylococcus in our nostrils from where it could cause repeated infection.

This condition is also extremely itchy.

The treatment for this would be 'bactroben cream' twice a day for 2 weeks and to treat the bacteria present in the nose. Bactroban cream is available over the counter at some locations and can be applied twice a day for a week to be repeated every month for 3 months.
Check with your pharmacist and if it is not available over the counter you may consider taking a prescription from your local doctor.

I shall wait for the picture to confirm the possibility/give alternate recommendations.