Bumped head. Getting black eyes. Should I be worried?

Neurologist, Surgical
I bumped my head three days ago (no loss of consciousness, vomiting or headaches) and now I'm starting to get black eyes. Should I be worried?
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Visvanathan K 22 minutes later

It all depends on how bad a knock it was. Black eyes basically means that the blood from the subcutaneous tissues are now starting to resolve. While by itself they need not be of any major concern, if it is accompanied by increasing headaches, sleepiness or any other worrying symptom you need to contact a doctor. Otherwise in a few days or weeks time, the black eyes will resolve.

Hope this helps.