Bump under eyebrow, slight redness, no pain. Prescribed with antibiotic cream as doctor said it was clogged oil gland.

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
I was just diagnosed with milium under my eyebrow but the pictures do not match what I have once I started looking. My eye doctor said it was a clogged oil gland 2 weeks ago and it did not improve with antibiotic cream. Today I went to see a dermatologist and I am concerned the pictures do not match my problem

There is a large bump which witha slight redness to it and I do not see any white areas within the bump. It seems to be smaller that it was a few days ago but is still solid. There has been no drainage which was expected by the eye doctor. Moves with skin and does not cause pain.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My Dear,
thanks for sending your query to us.
The discription you are giving suggeste a chlazion .That is a large bump,painless now,and will have a reddish conjunctial side,if everted.
Hot compresses and antibiotic cream is the tt.
If not responding in few weeks then surgical removal is done.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Bump under eyebrow, slight redness, no pain. Prescribed with antibiotic cream as doctor said it was clogged oil gland. 16 hours later
Since mine is located closer to the eyebrow would the removal have to be done from the surface instead of inverting the eyelid as they do with those located lower?

I was going to see my primary care physician to have it removed today but it seems I should wait for a surgeon. Would that be you advice as well?

Thank you very much for your assistance!
XXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXX
there is no doubt a surgeon has to see you before deciding any further action.
We usually do not operate if redness is there.
If the swelling is beyond the lid area this is to be removed from surface,which will mean stitches and their removal.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.