Bump on throat, have Hashimoto's disease. Feeling choked. Help

i have a marble size hard bump on left side of my throat near the wind pipe. its bigger on the left than the right. i have hasimotos and it worries me. if i push on it it feels like it is pushing on my windpipe and i get like a choking feeling. my name is XXXXXXX email YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 27 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
I think it might be thyroid nodule, Thyroid nodules are found in Hashimoto's disease.
I advice you to hold the mirror so that you can see the area of your neck just below the Adam's XXXXXXX and right above the collarbone. This is the general location of your thyroid gland. Tip your head back, while keeping this view of your neck and thyroid area in your mirror. Take a drink of water and swallow. As you swallow, look at your neck. If the swelling moves that means it is from thyroid.
In any case i advice you to see surgeon foe examination and if after examination they can decide whether FNAC or Biopsy is required.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Bump on throat, have Hashimoto's disease. Feeling choked. Help 10 hours later
would that explain the mood swings, tiredness, and feelings of confusion? i dont see an endocrinologist is that a route i should take? ive been under the carre of my gp and at least 1 time a year i have an increase in my meds. i take 125 mcg of levothyroxine.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Good to hear from you.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis is the one of the most common cause of hypothyroidism. Fatigue, Depression, Modest weight gain, Cold intolerance, Excessive sleepiness, Dry, coarse hair etc are the symptoms of this condition.

I advice you to see consulting doctor for examination, for the lump and for further management.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.