Bump on forehead. CT scan done. Depression. Advise and treatment?

hello I bumped my forehead and it is now a year but I still have a bump. I did a ct scan, it was normal.I have tried to massage it but it gets worse and hot after massaging it. I feel like i have a depression, and the borne is too hard.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 10 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.

Such types of bumps are common after an injury.
Is the bump soft or hard?

If this bump doesn't inrease in size,
If it remains painless,
If it is not unsightly and if CT is normal. Then it is best to ignore it.

There is no need to massage or do any thing.

I hope to have answered your query and any follow up query is welcome.

Thanks and good luck.
Follow-up: Bump on forehead. CT scan done. Depression. Advise and treatment? 2 hours later

It increases in size after a massage. It is hard before a massage and soft after a massage. Do you recommend any ointment or pills ?

What do you think might have caused the dump not to go away ? It is now a year. It can be easily seen when am in the light or sunshine.

The side with the bump is raised. It is bothering me.

Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 minutes later
Hello and thanks again,

Sometimes following injury there can be minor injuries of the skull which may get calcified leading to persisting bump. It does not cause harm and can be left alone.

There is no need to massage as it is not going to help you. A vigorous massage may be causing temporary local swelling which goes away with time due to increased local blood flow.

The bump that you describe is not a serious concern. You can relax and ignore it.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns. If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Thanks and Regards