Bump on buttocks, itching, flaking. Bleeds when scratched

I recognized small bump on my left butt cheek a couple of months ago. It was itchy like a bug bite so I put hydrocortizone on it. My girlfriend said she was bitten by a mosquito once on her rear and it took months to clear up. Its been several months, it gets very itchy, I scratch (of course) and use creams and stuff. It gets flaky and then reoccurs, starts itching again within a couple of days. I can't tell if there are more bumps or if I've irritated the skin from scratching. I don't see any blisters or pus sacs but then again it's not really in a spot I can see well. But I don't feel like there is oozing. I do scratch pretty hard and it ends up bleeding.
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 4 hours later
The way you describe the bump is typical of a fungal sore or tinea. it does need a 5 days course of antifungal cream.It would have been more informative if a picture of same was available. Avoid hydrocortizone for time being.doctors often prescribe clotrimazole cream, but these medicines should not eb taken unless the rash/bump is seen by a doctor and had prescribed the same medicine.

I hope this answers your query. Do write back if any further issues.