Bruise mark in armpit, not faded, not swollen, no pain. Causes ?

I have a bruise like XXXXXXX at the bottom of each armpit (underarm)- about the size of a 1 pence piece. They are both in the same place and have been there for over 6 months as I have just been waiting for them to fade- they haven't. They do not hurt at all and are not swollen. I haven't had any impact on them- initially I thought it could have been my bra- so I changed the bra I used months ago to one which doesn't touch me there and has no under wiring, however they are still there, so I don't think my initial bra had anything to do with it. I'm a little worried... Could you tell me what they could be. Thank you
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

A bruise like XXXXXXX which is persistent for last six months is more likely to be a pigmentation XXXXXXX rather than a bruise. Also, you do not remember suffering any trauma at the site.

I would prefer to have a look at it before giving you my best opinion.

Please send me a photo of the lesion at YYYY@YYYY with sub: “ATTN Dr Rakhi Tayal” so that I can have a look at your photo and it will help me in understanding your condition better.
Please do not forget to reply back here once you mail the picture or reports , so that I can view it as a follow up and answer your query here.

Awaiting your reply.