Brown stool with white substance in it. What does that mean?

yesterday,my stool was brown with white in it. Today my stool was light brown. what does that mean?
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 52 minutes later

Normal color of stool as you know is brown. Minor changes in color may takes place at times, depending the food that you eat.

Many changes in stool color may not be of much importance, especially if the change happens once and is not consistent from one stool to the next. Sudden major changes in stool color that persist may suggest an underlying medical problem.

I think you should wait for couple of days, have normal diet.

In case the white substance that you show just once continues, you need to talk to your doctor, otherwise as mentioned earlier sporadic episodes can be ignored.

I hope this helps and clarify your concern.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

Wishing you great health.