Brown spots appeared under armpit. Could it be cancer or fungus?

What do brown spots under your armpit mean. They look like there spreading around my armpit? I went tanning yesterday does the spotting have to do with light exposure?? Or do i have some type of cancer or funges? Sometimes i would only have a small dot but it looks like it spread and theres more?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Ive gone through the image.
The condition appears to be tinea corporis or a fungal infection.
Also I would like to know-
Is there any pain/itching over the area?
Is there any other site involved ?
Is it increasing in size?
can you upload theclose up photos of the area.
Better photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.
Upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist
Follow-up: Brown spots appeared under armpit. Could it be cancer or fungus? 11 hours later
Yea it does itch. Is this a bad thing? What can I do?? It started at the bottom of my armpit than I checked yesterday and it was spreading all over my armpit
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 12 hours later
Hi again,
It is tinea corporis , a fungal infection .You need to apply lamisyl cream twice daily.Also you can take tab.Zyrtec twice daily.Use tea tree oil containing soap daily.The infection should clear by two-three weeks time.Keep the area clean and dry.
Hope this helps .
Regards .